With another tournament tipping off today, its time to unveil the first (and potentially final) annual ‘MLR Madness’ Bracket.
Obviously, there is no such tournament, so this is a exercise in
futility fun. With that in mind, let’s break it down.
We broke teams into six seed lines. The format looks like this:
- Opening Round: Bottom two teams in the competition play for a spot in the first round.
- First Round: Opening Round Winner joins teams seeded 3 – 6.
- Quarterfinals: First Round Winners join teams seeded 1 – 2.
- Semifinals: Quarterfinal Winners face off.
- Finals: Semifinal Winners face off.
Seedings were based on a combination of 2021 season results and 2022 season results through Round 6.
- LA Giltinis, Rugby ATL
- Austin Gilgronis, New England Free Jacks
- Rugby New York, San Diego Legion
- Seattle Seawolves, Utah Warriors
- Toronto Arrows, NOLA Gold
- Houston SaberCats (automatic First Round Qualifier), Old Glory DC, Dallas Jackals
I look forward to the comments. I’m sure they’ll all be extremely positive.